DaimlerChrysler AG sold some of its capital services portfolio to GE Capital on Jan. 24 for E1.3 billion ($1.1 billion). The move is part of a continuing effort by DaimlerChrysler to rid itself of non-automotive business. As part of the sale, GE Capital will receive commercial real estate loans, asset-based manufacturing loans and service, and distribution companies. DaimlerChrysler Capital Services total loan portfolio is worth about E130 billion ($113 billion).
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.