BEIJING — The search is on for DaimlerChrysler AG. The German automaker is seeking a partner in China to expand its truck-making presence here. Company officials have made no secret of the search for a partner, saying that the move is part of a strategy designed to fill holes in its worldwide truck business. China's truck industry is growing at a fast rate, and its growth is expected to escalate with the country's entry into the World Trade Organization. More trade means more business, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.