TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Combining ArvinMeritor Inc. and Dana Corp. is a bad idea because the new company would be the highest-leveraged supplier in the sector, there would be no benefit for Dana shareholders and U.S. antitrust regulators surely would object, Dana CEO Joe Magliochetti tells Ward’s. Dana’s Magliochetti doubts ArvinMeritor’s takeover bid would pass regulatory muster. Besides, the offer expires Aug. 28, and Magliochetti says ArvinMeritor has yet to line up financing or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.