Dana Corp., the supplier that pioneered the “rolling chassis” for the Dodge Dakota pickup in South America, plans to push the systems integration envelope even further. Bill Carroll, president of Dana's Automotive Systems Group, tells Ward's the strategy expands on existing alliances and may require acquisitions in the future. Mr. Carroll wants OEMs to hand off more advanced engineering, prototype and validation work to top Tier 1s such as Dana. “If we can do that, we can take those ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.