DETROIT – It was a well-kept secret, but for more than a month one of North America's top suppliers was courting an even larger competitor in a merger that few observers could have predicted. ArvinMeritor Inc. of Troy, MI, announced July 8 it is offering $15 per share – or about $2.2 billion – to acquire Dana Corp., of Toledo, OH. ArvinMeritor Chairman and CEO Larry Yost tells analysts he has been in discussion with Dana management about combining the two companies since June 4, but Dana ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.