It seemed logical to expect Dana Corp. would be the favored supplier to handle the rolling chassis for the new Jeep plant Chrysler Group has announced it will build in Toledo, OH, beginning this fall. Dana, like the Jeep plant, also is based in Toledo, has a long history of supplying Jeep with axles and driveline components and pioneered the rolling-chassis concept in 1998 for Chrysler’s shortlived Dodge Dakota pickup program in Brazil. Dana’s frame and axle expertise allowed the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.