IBM Corp. introduces technology to help auto makers and fleet owners better mine the myriad of data available in a bid to chip away at the $14 billion per year that warranty claims cost the industry annually in the U.S. Warranty costs amount to $700 on an average vehicle and are robbing auto makers of 1%-3% of profits, says Jan Beauchamp, general manager-IBM Global Automotive Industry. She notes the industry recalled more vehicles last year than it produced, and there is a ripple effect ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.