A $58.5 million verdict against DaimlerChrysler AG is thrown out by a Pennsylvania appeals court on the grounds a trial court “abused its discretion.” The verdict stemmed from a class-action lawsuit filed by a woman who burned her hand when an airbag in a Chrysler vehicle inflated during a collision. The Superior Court of Pennsylvania overruled a lower court verdict from February, which at the time was the largest monetary award ever over airbag litigation. “Justice was finally served ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.