TOKYO – DaimlerChrysler AG strategists view Japan as a newly honed wedge into the only major commercial vehicle (CV) market in the world that has eluded the company. DC is hoping to penetrate Asia's lucrative heavy-duty truck market with its Mitsubishi Fuso truck subsidiary. Mercedes-Benz is a CV market leader in Europe, North America and Latin America. It perennially holds first or second place, with trucks 6 tons and larger as its specialty. Yet the truck maker’s CV sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.