DaimlerChrysler AG and Bombardier Inc. reach a settlement over the sale of DC’s Adtranz rail systems unit to the Canadian firm. The pact lowers the acquisition price by $209 million to $516 million, while DC will record a €170 million ($209 million) gain as part of the deal. Bombardier claimed DC significantly overvalued Adtranz assets. The unit has gone through a massive restructuring plan, including the loss of 6,600 jobs.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.