DaimlerChrysler AG’s Hambach, France, plant reportedly will make some 2,500 Smart cars without conventional engines for shipping to the U.S. The microcompact will serve as an electric commuter vehicle for Atlanta’s MARTA mass transit system. A finishing plant in Hinesville, GA, will install the electric motors and MARTA stations will be equipped with charging stations.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.