DaimlerChrysler AG confirms it will build the Mercedes-Benz Grand Sports Tourer (GST) at its Tuscaloosa, AL, assembly plant, beginning in late 2004. Ward’s earlier reported that announcement of a plan to make the GST at Vance was imminent (see related story: Vance Prepares to Assemble 5 Mercedes Models). Mercedes already has begun building an addition to the plant – estimated at a cost of $600 million – that is expected to be complete by early ’04. Mercedes has been building its M-Class ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.