Expect Wall Street to reward DaimlerChrysler AG for the decision to kill the Smart brand’s 4-passenger subcompact car, the ForFour. “We expect this decision to be exceptionally well-received by the market,” Merrill Lynch analyst Stephen Reitman writes in a research note. “We continue to argue that the challenging situation in the U.S. market for Chrysler increases the pressure on DCX to secure the overall group margin by eliminating those problems over which it has some control. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.