AUBURN HILLS, MI — DaimlerChrysler Corp. unveils its third-generation Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) concept, the Dodge ESX3, with improvements that include an all-aluminum turbodiesel engine and a novel electromagnetically shifted “automated manual” transmission that could soon show up on conventional vehicles. The ESX3 mild hybrid (or “mybrid”) is powered by a 1.5L 3-cyl. direct-injected, all-aluminum turbodiesel engine (the previous-generation ESX's turbodiesel had ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.