DaimlerChrysler AG says it will not close its Mercedes A-Class plant in Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, as previously expected, and will announce the new model to be built there in the coming weeks. A-Class output at the plant is set to end in September, and the factory was planning to produce the new Smart Formore cross/utility vehicle for export to the U.S. and Europe starting in 2006. However, company executives now say that vehicle will not be built at all. (See related story: DC Revamps ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.