DaimlerChrysler AG pulls the plug on plans to build a $754 million commercial van plant in Pooler, GA. The facility, which would have built the Dodge Sprinter, was the victim of a poor market. “It is definitely off. The plant is completely off,” a DC spokesman tells Ward's. DC drops plans to build a $754 million Sprinter van plant in Georgia. He says DC could not justify the business case for constructing the plant, even though the state had authorized a $320 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.