DaimlerChrysler Corp. countered its string of defections with a bit of a coup: luring the head of quality for General Motors Corp. Thomas LaSorda, a contender to succeed Donald Hackworth as GM's head of North American manufacturing, jumps to DCC as senior vice president of powertrain manufacturing. Mr. LaSorda, a Canadian who joined GM of Canada in 1977, replaces Carlos Lobo who becomes president and chief executive of New Venture Gear Inc., a DCC-GM joint venture that makes parts for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.