Look for DaimlerChrysler Corp. to expand its 4-spd. automatic transmission capacity in the next year or two. Although longer-term plans remain in flux, some changes are inevitable with the launch early next year of the PT Cruiser, which pairs the EATX A604 4-spd. automatic transaxle with a 2.4L engine. The automaker likely will have to at least shift or expand some production of EATX A604 in order to make some 100,000 PT Cruisers annually. The automaker also apparently is studying ways ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.