NEW ORLEANS — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. with its new Lancer compact car will provide the platform for DaimlerChrysler AG's future-generation Neon, Mitsubishi officials tell Ward's Automotive International. Mitsubishi and DC, which purchased a controlling share in the Japanese automaker last year, have been seeking ways to cut costs through back-office synergies as well as platform sharing. The small car platform was a good place to start, Mitsubishi officials say, because DC had not begun ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.