DaimlerChrysler AG says it is not actively looking to make an automotive acquisition, with top executives insisting there currently are no discussions underway with Italy's Fiat SpA, Japan's Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. or any other automaker. However, Co-Chairmen Robert J. Eaton and Jurgen E. Schrempp won't completely rule out such action. “We're not looking for any acquisition — unless something would drop in front of us unexpectedly,” says Mr. Schrempp. Adds Mr. Eaton: “We're not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.