The Mercedes-Benz Vans unit of DaimlerChrysler AG opens its new Van Technology Center (VTC) in Stuttgart-Unterturkheim, Germany. The center’s goal is to attract highly qualified engineers and to centralize various functions of the division, says Andreas Renschler, head of DC Commercial Vehicles. With an initial investment of €75 million ($97 million), the VTC will house 16 different functions that previously were scattered about the Stuttgart area, including management, strategy, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.