The $1 billion rebirth of DaimlerChrysler AG's Pillette Road Truck Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ont., means the death of the Dodge Ram full-sized Van and Wagon at the end of the '02 model year to devote the entire facility to new Dodge product for '03. The carmaker ended a year of speculation with last Thursday's announcement (June 15) that new product for Pillette will be in place of — not in addition to — B-van production. The facility will triple in size to 2.7 million sq.-ft., complete ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.