LAREDO, TX – DaimlerChrysler AG is developing a new generation of engines that would combine the best features of diesel (compression ignition) and Otto (spark-ignition) combustion systems, a high-ranking executive says. Thomas Weber, board member responsible for research and technology and development for the Mercedes Car Group, says the so-called DiesOtto engine only would be possible with a new class of synthetic fuel under development. Mercedes proposes blending design of gasoline ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.