GRAZ, Austria – DaimlerChrysler AG is set for a production shift involving three product lines on two continents as a result of the sale of its assembly plant here to Magna International Inc. Production of the Chrysler Group’s PT Cruiser and Chrysler Voyager minivan will end July 12 at Magna’s Eurostar assembly plant, with Mercedes-Benz M-Class production to move shortly after. Magna needs Eurostar capacity to build the BMW X-3 cross/utility vehicle at an annual volume of up to 100,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.