DaimlerChrysler AG reportedly is recalling 500 of its Smart cars because of a faulty weld on the drive shaft. The recall affects only 500 models sold, but DC says 3,900 of the newly produced vehicles may have the problems. The recalled cars were sold in France, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and Switzerland.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.