DaimlerChrysler AG initiates a massive restructuring of its global commercial truck operations to combine the myriad of brands into one organization. The moves should help the truck maker achieve additional synergies toward reducing development and production costs by up to two-thirds. DC seeks to reduce truck development costs via component synergies. The plans call for DC’s truck brands – Freightliner, Mercedes-Benz, Western Star and Sterling – to standardize major ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.