SINGAPORE — DaimlerChrysler AG begins talks with Cycle & Carriage Bintang, Malaysia's Mercedes-Benz distributor and assembler, aimed at taking control of distribution. C&C Bintang is 49% owned by C&C and 13% owned by JI Motor Holdings, a company owned by Hong Kong's Jardine Co. DC business accounts for more than half of C&C's annual profit. A DC spokesman says his company is interested in participating in the local wholesale business. The automaker already has reached ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.