AUBURN HILLS — DaimlerChrysler AG tightened its control of beleaguered Mitsubishi Motors Corp. Sept. 8 by renegotiating its purchase price for the Japanese automaker and installing Rolf Eckrodt, previous head of Adtranz, DC's rail system subsidiary, as Mitsubishi's chief operating officer. Instead of increasing its 34% stake in Mitsubishi as had been anticipated, the German-U.S. automaker opted to lower its purchase price to US$1.9 billion from US$2.1 billion, or by 10%. As part of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.