DaimlerChrysler AG’s Pillette Road fullsize van plant in Windsor, Ont., Canada, closed June 12 after 28 years. Production began at Pillette in January 1976 and some 2,309,344 Ram passenger and cargo vans have come off its lines. The plant once employed up to 2,000 workers on two shifts, but in recent years was reduced to a single shift and only 1,000 employees. More than 100 workers will retire; those with seniority will move to DC’s Windsor Assembly minivan plant and displace workers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.