A 45,000-sq.-ft. coatings laboratory is the largest component of a C$500 million research and development investment DaimlerChrysler AG is making in Windsor, Ont., over the next five years. It is the largest R&D investment in Canadian history. The expansions will double the workforce of mostly engineers to 400 at the DaimlerChrysler Canada/University of Windsor joint facility. Canadian incentives that cut the after-tax investment cost in half, as well as Windsor's border location, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.