DaimlerChrysler Corp expands its zero emission vehicles (ZEVs) fleet by purchasing Global Electric Motorcars (GEM) LLC. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed, but GEM is the largest producer of electric vehicles that can be licensed for public roads in the U.S. With the purchase, DC becomes the first major automaker to sell neighborhood electric vehicles (NEVs) in the U.S. NEVs have a maximum speed of 25 mph and are certified for operation on roads posted at 35 mph (56 km/h) or less. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.