Although it was known that DaimlerChrysler Corp. had planned a version of its new-for-2001 minivan lineup to use the 3.5L SOHC V-6 borrowed from the passenger-car business, the company now announces that it will not make the higher-performance variant after all. The Town and Country Limited was to offer the same 3.5L V-6 used in Chrysler's 300M and LHS sedans, but the automaker deemed the package too expensive to market successfully, a source says. The 3.5L V-6 minivan would have been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.