DaimlerChrysler Corp. unveils its third Partners for a New Generation of Vehicle (PNGV) concept, the Dodge ESX3, last week in Washington, making clear that ESX3's absence from this year's Detroit auto show in no way was any indication of DCC's falling behind Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp. in PNGV design. The ESX3 mild hybrid (or “mybrid”) is powered by a 1.5L, 3-cyl. direct-injected, all-aluminum turbodiesel engine combined with a permanent-magnet electric motor/generator ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.