DETROIT -- Canada sales surged for the third straight month in December to lift light-vehicle sales to a new all-time high of 1.567 million units, 1.5% above 2000’s 1.544 million, which was the previous best. Coming into December, year-to-date sales were lagging year-ago by half a percentage point. But December sales increased by a robust 17.5% from same-month 2000 to a daily selling rate of 5,565 -- 24 selling days both periods -- after increasing 12.3% in November and 6.0% in October. By ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.