BIRMINGHAM, MI – Delphi Corp. is developing a wireless device for charging battery-powered vehicles, CEO Rodney O’Neal announces here. The wireless charging system eliminates the need for specialized plugs and charging cords. Instead, drivers simply park their electric vehicle over a wireless energy source that sits on a garage floor or is embedded in a paved parking spot. Delphi is partnering with WiTricity Corp., a wireless energy transfer technology supplier. WiTricity says its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.