WOERTH, Germany – Delphi Corp. paid at least $20 million for a portion of the Mercedes-Benz truck plant here, where it is ramping up production of door modules for the new Actros truck. Europe's largest truck plant is the latest example of a rapidly spreading trend toward supplier investment in a manufacturer's assembly facility. Although the idea started with Jose Ignacio Lopez when he was director of purchasing at General Motors Corp. and then Volkswagen AG, DaimlerChrysler AG is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.