Delphi Automotive Systems soon will begin using part of the decommissioned K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base near Marquette in Michigan's Upper Peninsula as a winter testing facility. The base has sat idle for several years, and the Marquette County Board has approved a five-year lease allowing Delphi to use 108 acres and a 25,000-sq.-ft. building for an annual payment of $179,600, the Mining Journal in Marquette reports. Delphi wants its own winter proving grounds because for years it has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.