DETROIT – Bankrupt supplier Delphi Corp. this week offered the United Auto Workers a new contract proposal that is marginally better than previous offerings, but the union says it will dismiss it without scheduling a vote among rank-and-file members. “It would be an insult to our membership,” UAW President Ron Gettelfinger says on Wednesday, Nov. 16, during a press conference here at Solidarity House. UAW Vice President Richard Shoemaker, who leads union negotiations with Delphi and its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.