DETROIT – So far, General Motors Corp. is using its Quadrasteer 4-wheel steering (4WS) system exclusively on fullsize trucks, but supplier Delphi Automotive Systems Corp. predicts the chassis technology will be applied to more than just long wheelbase vehicles by 2007. “We see it really being expanded,” says Delphi’s Director of Electric Steering Systems Larry Tomczak. “As we go through the next couple of years, I’d say within five years, you’re going to start to see opportunities that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.