Delphi Automotive Systems, the industry's largest supplier, posted an impressive second-quarter gain after its first year of independence from General Motors Corp., while No.2 Visteon Corp. demonstrated the difficulties associated with its own separation from Ford Motor Co. Visteon earned $162 million during the second quarter of 2000, down considerably from $280 million a year ago. The company attributes the decline to the 5% price cut it granted its largest customer, Ford, last year. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.