Delphi Automotive Systems is preparing to fill its first contract anywhere in the world for an electric power steering system, an achievement that is even more significant because the customer is not its former parent, General Motors Corp. Delphi's E-Steer will appear as standard equipment on the replacement for the high-volume Fiat Punto, which arrives in Europe this fall as a '00 model. The system will be produced at Delphi plants in Cadiz, Spain, and Livorno, Italy. Another major ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.