NEW DELHI — Though India's population has just broached 1 billion, a mere 3 million passenger cars travel the roads. Nevertheless, the promise of a burgeoning well-educated and prosperous middle-class is the lure that so far has attracted 14 global automakers to India's major manufacturing centers in Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Chennai. That India is a democratic society with a strong legal system helps. But the main reason for investment is found in the statistics. The ratio of cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.