KARIYA, Japan – At the midway point of Toyota Motor Corp.’s major cost-cutting plan, principal supplier Denso Corp. has met nearly all of its targets and, despite initial skepticism, now embraces the undertaking as a means for achieving long-term growth. That’s a far cry from the reaction at the time Toyota announced the plan, called "Construction of Cost Competitiveness for the 21st Century" (CCC21), in summer 2000. Denso and other Toyota suppliers saw the initiative as yet another ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.