Detroit Diesel Corp. (DDC) records its most productive year ever in 1999, putting out 165,000 engines at its plants in Redord, MI, Italy and Brazil. DDC boasts that its automotive engines — ranging in size from 1.5L to 4L — made up more than a third of the output for the year. The full product line includes engines rated from 22 hp to 10,000 hp in on-highway, off-road and power generation.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.