DETROIT – Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick wants to build the best convention center in the world, in large part to continue Detroit’s reign as home to the North American International Auto Show. Newer and bigger venues in other cities are threatening Detroit’s hold on the NAIAS, he says in a speech here to the Detroit Economic Club. Kilpatrick says the plan is to replace Cobo Hall with a 1 million-sq.-ft. (92,900 sq.-m) convention center at a cost of about $1 billion. It would be opened in time ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.