HANNOVER, Germany — Germany's largest bank is offering to take battery-maker Varta AG private so it can invest in future battery technology. In what amounts to a bank-financed management buyout, DB Investor, a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank, has offered to buy Varta shares for E14.50 (US$12.59) per share, a substantial premium over the E8.7 to E12.3 (US$7.28 to US$10.29) range of the share price this year. The deal already has the approval of the largest shareholder, the Quandt family, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.