CHELSEA, MI – The Hemi engine’s back from Chrysler Corp.’s past, but this time it’s thanks to a little help from its friends. Chrysler’s merger friends, that is, at DaimlerChrysler AG’s Mercedes-Benz unit. The claim to fame for the all-new ’03 Hemi Magnum V-8 – to be launched this fall in DC’s all-new Dodge Ram heavy-duty pickups – is its unique hemispherically shaped combustion chambers. But an equally engaging design feature is the twin-sparkplug arrangement that makes for outstanding ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.