INDIANAPOLIS – Putting a Mercedes-badged hybrid-electric vehicle on the market is not a priority as the auto maker focuses its efforts on diesel-powered vehicles for North America, a top executive says. There are no plans to introduce a Mercedes HEV with the two-mode system within a year of Chrysler Group and General Motors Corp. debuting the technology on their SUVs, Paul Halata, president and CEO of Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. Inc., tells Ward’s at a press event here in conjunction with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.