WEST POINT, GA – Government officials join Hyundai Motor Group executives here today for the official groundbreaking ceremony for Kia Motors Corp.’s first U.S. manufacturing plant. The ceremony initially was to take place last spring but was delayed twice following the imprisonment of Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Chung Mong-koo on bribery charges. He currently is out on bond. Although ground already has been broken previous to today’s ceremony, progress on the plant has been slower than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.