The all-new 5-cyl. turbodiesel found in Land Rover's 1999 Discovery is the first passenger-vehicle application of Lucas-Varity plc's electronic injection system that combines a high-pressure pump, injector and solenoid actuator in a single unit. Designated Td5, the 2.5L turbodiesel features a bore and stroke of 3.35 in × 3.5 in. (85 mm × 89 mm) and a compression ratio of 19.5:1. It develops a peak 136 hp at 4,200 rpm and 315 Nm (232 ft.-lbs.) of torque at 1,950 rpm. The turbocharger is a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.